Perfect Example Of Insanity

Perfect Example Of Insanity “Why do so many people still invest in actively managed funds?” –Robin Powell 08-29-2022 Like Mr. Powell, I have also contemplated this question for many years. Every reliable study I have read comes to the same conclusion – the vast majority of actively managed mutual funds cannot consistently beat their passive …

Perfect Example Of Insanity Read More »

That’s Why We Diversify

That’s Why We Diversify “We believe owning a broad universe of stocks is the most effective way to participate in the rewards of ingenuity and innovation, wherever and whenever it takes place.” –Weston Wellington , Vice President, Dimensional Fund Advisors 08-22-2022 Human ingenuity and innovation are the driving factors that are responsible for long term …

That’s Why We Diversify Read More »

The Secret Sauce

The Secret Sauce “Do you really want to invest your hard earned savings – the money you’ll need for your kids’ college or your own retirement- based on someone’s hunch or wish?” –David Booth, Executive Chairman and Founder of DFA 08-16-2022 I certainly don’t want to. I got burned more than once early in my …

The Secret Sauce Read More »

That’s Why They Are The Best

That’s Why They Are The Best “Dimensional believes investors can have a successful investment experience without having to outguess the market. The firm trusts market prices and applies a scientific, transparent, and process driven investment approach to pursue higher expected returns.” –DFA’s investment approach from Dimensional at a Glance 08-01-2022 As regular readers of my …

That’s Why They Are The Best Read More »

Sticking To Our Knitting

Sticking To Our Knitting “Stick to your knitting (what you’re good at) and don’t compromise.” –Simon Campbell, renowned British Chemist 07-18-2022 That’s exactly what we do here at Verity Capital. I feel what we’re really good at is setting up highly diversified portfolios in alignment with each individual’s risk tolerance that give investors the greatest …

Sticking To Our Knitting Read More »

It’s Not Unprecedented

It’s Not Unprecedented “Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair” –Sam Ewing, American Writer and Humorist (1920-2001) 07-11-2022 That’s a pretty good example of what inflation is all about. I’m sure we’re all feeling the pinch of the continuing …

It’s Not Unprecedented Read More »

That’s Just Reality

That’s Just Reality “I can’t recall ever once seeing the name of a market timer on Forbes annual list of the richest people in the world. If it were truly possible to predict corrections, you’d think somebody would have made billions by doing it.” –Peter Lynch 07-05-2022 Hopefully, as a regular ready of my e-mails, …

That’s Just Reality Read More »

Gas Price Breakdown

Gas Price Breakdown “As you know, the government takes 40% of whatever you make. The other 60%, of course, is taken by the gas stations.” –Jay Leno 06-27-2022 What actually are we paying for when we pay for a gallon of gas? Click on this chart to find out. What we pay for a gallon …

Gas Price Breakdown Read More »

Help For Weathering The Storm

Help For Weathering The Storm “While volatile periods like the one we’re experiencing now can be intense, investors who learn to embrace uncertainty may often triumph in the long run.” –Marlena Lee, PhD, Global Head of Investment Solutions at DFA 06-20-2022 I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Marlena. She’s one of the smartest people I’ve …

Help For Weathering The Storm Read More »